In addition to your Real Estate Agent, you will now need to bring in a few pros to help get you to the finish line and make sure the investment you're about to make is sound. Your Real Estate Agent can put you in touch with these people and make recommendations. Here are a couple of key people you should be talking to:

  • A Home Inspector - an absolute must in saving you from some unpleasant surprises later on. A Home Inspector will check your property for any structural damage; perform a thorough examination of the heating and cooling system, plumbing and electrical systems, the roof, attic, walls, ceilings, floors, windows, doors, foundation, basement, and more; then prepare a complete written report detailing all their findings.

  • A legal professional - when it comes to complex legal documents, it takes a Lawyer experienced in Canadian Real Estate Law to help make sure that you and your investment are protected. A Real Estate Lawyer will review the Agreement of Purchase and Sale, do a property title search, check that your Home complies with current building and zoning codes, ensure utilities and property taxes are paid up, review the mortgage agreement, and get all paperwork ready for closing. 

You're almost in the home stretch now. Just a couple more steps...



Get In Touch

The Caldwell Team | Real Estate

Phone: 519.210.1008


Office Info

Royal LePage Wolle Realty

7A - 180 Northfield Drive West,  Waterloo,  Ontario  N2L 0C7 

Stay Connected